Striped Light StashBuster Hat pattern

Spring 2019

Karn Knits is now part of Karen Karn design.
I’m a self-employed designer in the process of turning this hobby (dream!) into my main source of income.
Therefore, most of the patterns on this blog will no longer be free, but available for purchase in the shop.
As they are now for purchase, I’ve raised the standard and provided additional information, such as gauge and quantities of yarn which are missing from most of the free patterns.
If the pattern you’re looking for isn’t in the shop yet, please contact me at karn@karnknits.com.

K
X




I used some of what was left of the Spar Garn on this super easy hat. Two colours, but you could easily use up any leftover yarn and do multicolour stripes. I ran out of the dark grey, so continued in one colour.

Knitting in the round creates an uneven stripe. This can be fixed with a simple technique, demonstrated here.













If you have any questions or suggestions on how it could be improved, 
please contact me.

Comments

  1. Hi,
    I have just found this wonderful hat pattern and was wondering how much wool this pattern takes in weight. As I have some left over wool and would like to make this hat for a friend, but I don't want to get half way through with the wool I have and then have to buy another skein.
    Thanks,
    JoeBoBean

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll look into it for you. All my hats use, on average, 70-90g of 100% wool yarn. I'll look to see if I made any notes on the other versions of this that I've made. If not, I'll get my cousin to weight the hat in the photos, so that might take a while. ;-)

      Delete
    2. Well, I've got a pattern which is almost identical to this one called
      Findings Headsock Stashbuster Hat.
      That uses 60g of 100% wool yarn. :-)

      Delete
    3. Thank you that's fantastic!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts