This new hat pattern is so simple and easy, a one day, no sweat project... it's a joy! I started this one yesterday, with no intention of finishing the same day, and yet, almost before I knew it, I was ready to decrease!
Each hat uses 70 - 80 grammes/metres of super bulky/chunky yarn. Each ball I've bought is 50g/m, so I'll make a stripy, stashbuster with the remaining yarn. That'll be fun!
Also, I've finally found the right cast on for this pattern - it's the Old Norwegian cast on, but worked in both knit and purl, to go with the ribbing. It takes some practice! I'll post a link in the pattern post.