Easy, Now.

I'm going a little bit crazy today. Many factors are involved. The primary cause of my dis-ease is no having a blocking board.

This is what I want.

But this is what I am resigned to making.


Either way, right now, I have neither.

I've just spent about half an hour making do with an upturned apple box.
The pieces don't actually even fit on, but I just didn't have the patience to block the pieces one at a time.

(I was going to post a picture here, but i can't even face looking at it, right now)


Another factor is that I'm project-less!!!!

I do have plans for projects to start, but I always experience a kind of mania when I've finished one (or all) and have yet to start a new project. It's really a signal that I need a break. I need to just remove my passion from the knitting arena and focus on something else for a while.

I have started a crochet project.

My good friend Sigrid came by yesterday with a shawl for me to see. It’s exactly what I want! The name of the stitch in Norwegian is Englemasker. I looked it up online and founf this great tutorial from Dropsdesign.


This is called a Love Knot Triangle or a Solomon Knot Shawl.

It looks like this so far.



 This is what I want it to look like when it's done (this is what Sigrid's shawl looked like!)



I bought this alpaca from the local knit and sew shop (Husflid) I'd got it into my head that it was 20kroner a ball (half price) but when I I got there it was 30... very extravagant, by my standards, but it's so soft!



So, I think it'll be a quiet time for a while. I need to block and felt the this, Ten Stitch cushion, which means waiting until I have a decent sized/proper blocking board! And then I need to buy the fabric and zips to back it and make it into a cushion.


The same goes for the New Geometry cushion, which as I said, is currently pinned to the underside of that apple box.



Comments

Popular Posts