Hiatus

As most of you know, I have tendinitis.

This means that every few months I need to take a break from knitting and focus on other activities to get my hands back. You'd think after all these years (18) of having tendinitis, I'd know how to avoid it, but I am really just a knit junky and I never want to admit that I'm not invincible. This time I'm focusing on ways to avoid it happening at all - yoga, obviously, is the missing component.

So, I won't be taking any orders for a while. Those of you waiting for orders to be filled, will be contacted personally before the end of the week.

If you're wondering how on earth I cope, not being able to knit, that's a very good question. Firstly, the actual decision to stop knitting, does not come easily. It takes about a week of mild depression and severe pain for me to accept defeat and simply put away everything, out of sight.

Strangely enough, one thing that really helps to get me through the void, is watching videos of others knitting.

My favourite online knitters are Staci of Very Pink, Judy of Knitting Tips by Judy and Christine of iKnits.
From their respective blogs or websites, you'll find links to their (respective) You Tube channels.

While Staci's and Judy's channels are very much tutorial based, which, when I can't knit is torturous, Christine's is more of a knit-a-long style channel.

Here's a taste of Christine's style. It's very laid back and almost hyponotic - basically you're just watching her knit!



Comments

Popular Posts