Joybringer



I recommend anyone to take what they love what they are passionate about and try to make a living out of it.
The downside though is that that thing that you love doing then becomes your job, so even though you love it, it starts to feel like work.
Knitting for me has always been a way to switch off and relax, therapeutic, a joy bringer.
Now that I'm trying to established a business creating original knitting patterns, I find that sitting down to knit has become something else. It's still the joybringer, but it's also something more serious.  I think it will get better with time, I'm sure it will - I've only been doing this for a few months and I've learnt so much already. One of the things I've learnt is that I really need to take time just to knit, to knit something that's not for nobody else, just for me.
For the past two days I've had no knitting. I've had nothing real to knit, nothing inspiring. This, as you can imagine, is not good. So not good in fact that last night I couldn't sleep.



So, I found this knitting, half a sock which was to be a pattern and  unpicked it and started knitting my tried and tested sock pattern Silja and Mads. Oh, the Joy. Oh! The Joy!

Comments

Popular Posts